We are accepting resumes with completed applications (you can download at the bottom of the page) sent to ryanmarks6.33[at]live.com for 2023. The 1-2 year residency is our primary focus at the moment, but we will consider short-term candidates as well (please see Residency and etc. info below to determine which program to apply for). The residency program is for a young man to get experience in church replanting/revitalization or perhaps even principles that he may use in church planting as there is much overlap. We really desire to simply mentor and give him an opportunity for a year or two as he discerns the Lord’s calling in partnership with his home church and affirm as he’s tested in it and shows fruit.
Ideal “fit” for our Residency: This is NOT a full-time role; therefore, a single or married man who is a student, a man who is self-supporting in the marketplace, or an empty-nester couple entering ministry as a “second career” would be ideal candidates. In the case of a couple, a husband called to ministry and a wife with a passion for children’s ministry would be ideal.
- If the candidate is a student, Bro. Ryan will go through 2-3 revitalization books as training with a resident. In addition, a resident we hope will observe and interact in Lebanon’s discipleship pathway for adults 2 to 3xs over the course of a residency, equipping with practical curriculum for building a solid discipleship foundation for newly involved Sunday School disciplees’
- If the candidate works in the marketplace/is not a student, the “educational” side of the Residency will follow a pattern similar to the “BASIC Equipping” Plan that Bro. Ryan has completed with his last mentee:
- BASIC EQUIPPING:
- 1) Ministry introduction (printed copies for you)
- 2) 30 Days to Understanding the Bible
- 3) How to Master the English Bible by James Gray
- 4) Delights and Disciplines of Bible Study by Wiersbe
- 5) A Shepherds Look at Psalm 23 by Keller
- 6) Learning Evangelism from Jesus by Jerram Barrs
- 7) Essential Companion to Church History (Zondervan)
- 8) 100 Most Important Events in Christian History by Curtis &etc.
- Couple more geared to resident
- 10) Worship and Witness
- – Bible reading
- – seeking the Lord’s guidance
- – learning to pray
- – journaling
- – read pastoral epistles together
- – habit of finding and learning from resources/mentors for life
- – exegetical outlining
- – lesson prep
- – SOAP / HBLT
- – Possibly a 4 lesson practicum
- discuss Bible software LOGOS – free book of the month + always frees
- Recommend core resources:
- Apps/ websites for study…..discussion
- Moody Handbook of Theology by Paul Enns
- Cradle, Cross and Crown by Kostenberger and others
- Foxe’s Book of Martyrs classic
Our pastor has had 4 interns in other ministries in the past, a couple of interns received college course requirement credit. In 2022, in partnership with another pastor in our local Association, Bro. Ryan completed a yearlong residency-like mentorship program of a young man serving in a church revitalization. So, there is some experience on what this looks like as we launch our program at Lebanon for the first time. We desire at Lebanon as we move forward in building a new culture to be a place that calls out the called and develops the next generation of leaders as we continue walking through revitalization/replanting/planting for the glory of God. If you are interested in applying or partnering in this kingdom work, please contact us.
Residency – (Screening process, like to provide $3000-6000/yr in compensation package TBD such as mileage reimbursement, small stipend/tuition reimbursement/scholarship…open to partnership with a Christian college/seminary, come as a dual-member/missionary member in partnership with his home church)
A man called to ministry for 1-2 yrs will be Bro. Ryan’s assistant/associate, learn ministry on the job, will gain some preaching experience, help teach youth along with another adult, be involved in administration, involved in service planning, conduct at least one special service/holiday service, coordinate a ministry event, shadow membership interviews, attend church council meetings, have a bit of experience with children’s ministry. Discovering his unique gift mix and have opportunity to grow in it. Involvement in teaching adults through discipleship pathway, shadowing hospital visitation if feasible, represent LBC alongside Bro. Ryan at denominational functions such as MBC/SBC Annual Meeting, JBA quarterly meetings, local pastors’ fellowships, workshops or conferences.
Approximate Time Commitment: Sunday mornings approx. 9am-1/2pm (2pm if staff meeting after service), avg of 2 meetings per month on weekday evening if feasible, special event involvement – flexible if work/classload conflicts. 5-10 hours of administration and/or ministry shadowing per week. Much can be done remote. Zoom/phone capability for leadership meetings required. Estimate 10-15 hours per week in workload.
Interns – (Screening process, compensation: $0-$100s of dollars, 1-3 months, specific role, job reference)
Help in a particular area such as leading/planning children’s ministry for 1-3 months and developing 1 year plan/ministry calendar with Lebanon team. Desire a touchbase meeting after a year to see how thing have gone.
Summer Missionaries (Screening process; $0 or small mileage reimbursement, possibly a pizza party/thank you potluck, job reference; duration: special event, high school/college students)
Help staff VBS (possibly help plan and co-direct if experienced), set up/tear down for Family Day outreach or help co-lead outreach event such as “Family Camp Night” one night a week over the summer.